Guarding the Gnome

Guarding the Gnome

Thursday, February 10, 2011


Couples Who Pray written by SQuire Rushnell
and his wife Louise DuArt
Couples Who Pray introduces a forty day prayer challenge. It challenges
couples to set aside five minutes a day to pray together. This book tells how
to get started and how to continue after the forty days. A questionnaire is provided for the couple to fill out. This is helpful for knowing where they are in their prayer life.
I really enjoyed the challenged that this book offered. The writing is smooth and easy to understand. For those who are married this a great boost to their prayer life. I would also highly recommend this to engaged couples. Inspiration is given with stories of how prayer changed the marriages of some famous names and not so famous. I do wish there was a bit more scripture.
The one major downfall was the cover. The cover is a bit boring. The large title letters reminded of a weight loss slogan. I think the cover could be a bit softer, more intimate like the inside message conveys. Maybe it could lose the bulletin look and use more blue for the background. I am not an artist but something is missing in the cover. I still would recommend this book. It would make a great wedding gift.
BookSneeze has provided me with a complimentary cop of this book.

No comments: